Part I: Review the Utah and Minnesota Incident reporting mandates. Compare these points:
- Who must report incidents at the institution?
- Discuss whether there is a difference in the types of incidents that must be reported and explain those differences or similarities.
- Who investigates the incidents at the hospital level?
- Explain any steps taken to protect incident reports and control who may obtain the information.
- Explain if and how a root cause analysis is utilized.
Part II: Discuss whether a voluntary or mandatory incident reporting effort is best. List the pros and cons of each kind of system