Ethnocentrism and racism are factors that can adversely affect the growth and development of minority group members. Because ethnic and racial conflict play a significant role in human history and current events, you will take time to reflect on these topics and then write a paper addressing the following:
1) (15 points) Introductory paragraph that introduces the topic and what you intend to discuss in the body of the paper.
2) (20 points) Define and describe ethnocentrism, racism, sexism, prejudice, and discrimination.
3) (30 points) Summarize the effects and costs of discrimination on human growth and development. Be sure to speak about how issues of racism and sexism influence individuals’ identities and their interactions in groups and communities.
4) (20 points) Explain what the Christian faith says about compassion for those who are oppressed and/or marginalized and how you see that applying or not applying to these issues of diversity. Please cite specific biblical examples and/or passages that demonstrate your perspective. Also, please discuss what specific and practical actions should be taken in order to live accordingly.
5) (15 points) Lastly, students should demonstrate accurate APA formatting and college level writing style/organization. Specifically, students should utilize at least 3 scholarly sources in addition to your textbook. No website citations permitted. Papers should be 3-4 pages in length (plus a title and reference page). No abstract necessary. Please remember proper in-text citations to maintain academic honesty. Specifically, the paper should include in-text citations and references according to APA formatting standards.