Vocational Development and Work/Life Balance
Chapters 13 and 14 in the course textbook examine the impact of social roles and professional life on adult development. In our complex world that requires us to manage multiple roles, learning how to effectively balance social roles has become increasingly challenging.
For you initial post:
- Identify and summarize what you see as two or three critically important theoretical insights drawn from the textbook readings that explain and inform work/life balance in adult emotional and social development.
- Describe and explain one best practice in your life with respect to work/life balance.
- Explain how the best practice you have identified is grounded in, or conceptually related to, one or more of the insights you identified from the readings.
- Week 6
Death, Dying, and Grief
The required references for this week discuss death, dying, grief, and bereavement.
In your initial post to this discussion:
- Identify an issue associated with grief at one developmental stage: childhood, adolescence, emerging adulthood, adulthood, or later adulthood.
- Describe a scenario in which an individual is dealing with the issue you identified.
- Explain how you would counsel the individual in the scenario you have described.
- Provide one Internet resource to help an individual or family deal with death.
In your responses to no fewer than two of your classmates, compare and contrast your respective choices and descriptions of grief-related issues and your recommendations to the individual under examination. Additionally, identify any insights you have gained as a result of reading the responses of others.