There are many differential diagnoses for chest pain:
- Acute myocardial infarction
- Aortic dissection; pericarditis
- Acute coronary artery insufficiency
- Pulmonary embolism
- Esophageal spasm
- Biliary colic
- Acute pancreatitis
- Peptic ulcer disease
- Choose one of the above differential diagnoses.
- Discuss the following
- Presenting/associated symptoms
- Specific diagnostic tests used in the work up
- Treatment plan using 1st line therapeutic interventions, patient education and follow up expectations
- Support whether or not you would refer the patient to another health care provider for treatment. Include the name of the specialty and your rationale for the referral.