Assignment 2: Genogram and Ecomap
Submit assignment via the Assignment 2 Dropbox
Due Date: Week 11
The purpose of this assignment is to enable you to demonstrate your ability to construct a genogram and an ecomap accurately and to showcase your understanding of the value and the importance of using such tools in family nursing practice.
Assignment Guidelines and Marking Criteria
- Draw or construct a genogram of your family. Then, draw or construct an ecomap for your family. Refer to the textbook for how to accurately delineate these diagrams. You may choose to peruse the sites listed below for help in constructing these diagrams:
- You can either draw these diagrams on a piece of paper and scan it or construct them using computer software. Attach the completed diagrams as appendices. (7 marks)
- A description of the various components of the genogram and ecomap and the relevance to family nursing assessment should be a maximum of 3 pages (excluding the title page, references, and appendices). (10 marks)
- Use APA (current edition) format in your assignment. (5 marks)
- Demonstrate critical analysis and synthesis of content and ensure writing is succinct and clear in your assignment. Reference sources should always include peer reviewed journal articles. Refer to the Scholarly Evidence Guide for more information on how to access peer reviewed sources. (3 marks)
Submitting Your Assignment
When you have completed this assignment, send it to your tutor for marking using the appropriate assignment dropbox. Always retain a copy of your assignment for your files.