According to The Institute for Health Care Improvement (2006), “Continuing Education (CE) is a vehicle for spreading best practices and how to improve patient outcomes.” In short, continuing education assists with keeping health care teams well-informed of current research, laws, regulations, and practices in the fields in which they practice.
Massoud M. R., Nielsen, G. A., Nolan K., Schall, M. W., Sevin. C. (2006). A Framework for Spread: From Local Improvements to System-Wide Change. Retrieved from http://www.ihi.org/resources/Pages/IHIWhitePapers/AFrameworkforSpreadWhitePaper.aspx
Review the following literature:
Belliolio, M. F. & Stead, L. G. (2009). Continuing Education Meetings and Workshops: Effects on Professional Practice and Health Care Outcomes. Annals of Emergency Medicine. 53(5). 685-687.
Filipe, H. P., Sliva, E. D., Stulting, A. A., Golnik, K. C. (2014). Continuing Professional Development: Best Practices. Middle East African Journal of Ophthalmology. 21(2), 134-141. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4005177/
Based on your research of professional literature and the literature above, in a 3 page scholarly evaluation essay:
- Identify and describe the positive implications of Medical Research and Education.
- Explain the importance of continued education for health care professionals.
- Explain benefits of organizational/departmental training and staff development.
- Identify two current issues/problems in health care organizations and explain from a health care administer perspective how they could have been avoided with proper education.
For assistance on writing an evaluation essay, please review the following source: http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~pbawa/421/Evaluation%20Essay%20sample.htm
- Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to justify/support your position and answers to the questions.
- Limit your response to a maximum of 3 pages.
- Include an introduction and conclusion in your paper.
- Support your case with peer-reviewed articles, with at least 4 references. Use the following link for additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals: