Create a 6–8-slide PowerPoint presentation that describes communication barriers within an interdisciplinary team and how those barriers affect patient safety and health care outcomes. Offer a solution in which you recommend evidence-based strategies to improve communication within the team and explain how the strategies benefit the team and patients.
The ability to effectively communicate as part of interdisciplinary collaboration is essential for patient safety and successful health care delivery.
- Competency 1: Explain the principles and practices of highly effective interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Describe communication barriers that can occur within an interdisciplinary team.
- Recommend evidence-based strategies to improve communication within an interdisciplinary team.
- Explain how specific communication strategies benefit both team members and patients.
- Competency 3: Explain the internal and external factors that can affect the health of individuals, families, communities, and populations.
- Explain how communication barriers between members of an interdisciplinary team can affect patient safety and health care outcomes.
- Competency 4: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with the expectations of a nursing professional.
- Write content clearly and logically with correct use of grammar, punctuation, APA formatting, and mechanics.
Create a 6–8-slide PowerPoint presentation to examine the communication issue and the risk it creates for positive health care outcomes.
- Describe the types of communication barriers that occur within an interdisciplinary team.
- Explain how the communication barriers can impact patient safety and health care outcomes.
- Recommend specific evidence-based strategies to improve communication within the team.
- Explain how the strategies will benefit team members and patients.
Use the notes section of each slide to expand your points and cite your supporting evidence. Also, include a title slide and a reference slide that lists the resources you used in this assessment.
- Use APA format for citations and references.
- Be creative. Consider your intended audience.