Assignment: Academic Success and Professional Development Plan
Part 4: Research Analysis
Architect Daniel Libeskind is credited with saying “To provide meaningful architecture is not to parody history, but to articulate it.” The suggestion is that his work does not copy the efforts of others but relies on it.
Understanding the work of others is critically important to new work. Contributions to the nursing body of knowledge can happen when you are able to analyze and articulate the efforts of previous research. Hence research analysis skills are critical tools for your toolbox.
In this Assignment, you will locate relevant existing research. You also will analyze this research using a tool helpful for analysis.
- Reflect on the strategies presented in the Resources this week in support of locating and analyzing research.
- Use the Walden Library to identify and read one peer-reviewed research article focused on a topic of interest to you in your specialty field.
- Review the article you selected and reflect on the professional practice use of theories/concepts as described by the article
Using the ‘Week 4 | Part 4’ section of your Academic Success and Professional Development Plan Template presented in the Resources, (attached) conduct an analysis of the elements of the research article you identified. Be sure to include the following:
- The topic of interest you have selected
- Correctly formatted APA citation of the article you selected, along with link or search details
- Identify a professional practice use of the theories/concepts presented in the article.
- Analysis of the article using the Research Analysis Matrix section of the template
- Write a 1-paragraph justification explaining whether or not you would recommend the use of this article to inform professional practice
- Write a 2- to 3-paragraph summary that you will add to your Academic Success and Professional Development Plan that includes the following:
- Describe your approach to identifying and analyzing peer-reviewed research
- Identify at least two strategies that you would use that you found to be effective in finding peer-reviewed research
- Identify at least one resource you intend to use in the future to find peer-reviewed research
Note: Add your work for this Assignment to the original document you began in the Week 1 Assignment, which was built off the Academic Success and Professional Development Plan Template.
The template is attached that must be added to.