Final Exam Essay Choose ONE of the following questions, and answer it in a 2-page essay. Remember to follow the Written Assignment Guidelines, including fully citing your sources! Politics today i
Final Exam Essay
Choose ONE of the following questions, and answer it in a 2-page essay. Remember to follow the Written Assignment Guidelines, including fully citing your sources!
- Politics today is based tremendously on image. Briefly describe the beginning of this (the Kennedy-Nixon televised debate), and what image-based politics look like today. What advantages might there be to this importance of image? What problems does it present?
- In the late 1960s and early 1970s, America seemed to be tearing itself apart at the seams. Name and briefly describe four causes or movements which contributed to this. Do you think the violence and unrest of the time could be justified in any of these causes?
- Many of the causes or movements during the 1960s and 1970s continue to affect us profoundly today. Choose one of the following issues, describe the original (60s and 70s) context, and describe the implications and/or controversies going on today. Which side do you take? (Don’t worry, I won’t count off if you happen to disagree with me! But be sure to give reasons for your answer. Show me that you’ve given it some thought. I don’t want a tirade; I want a reasoned argument.)
- Roe v. Wade and abortion
- Homosexual rights
- Racial equality and violence
- Globalization is a major factor in all of our lives today: the products we buy, the entertainment we enjoy, the news we watch, our communication with each other, etc. Describe how our global society developed. Additionally, there are both good and bad aspects of globalization. Name two positives and two negatives: be specific. Do you think it’s primarily positive, or primarily negative? Why?
Rubric Final Essay Exam Final Essay Exam Criteria Ratings Pts This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Citations Are sources cited? Are sources cited appropriately? 50.0 pts Full Marks 0.0 pts No Marks 50.0 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Mechanics Are word choice, spelling, grammar, and punctuation acceptable? 20.0 pts Full Marks 0.0 pts No Marks 20.0 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Answering the Question Does the essay answer the question? 80.0 pts Full Marks 0.0 pts No Marks 80.0 pts
This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Content Is the content correct, specific, and relevant to answering the question? 100.0 pts Full Marks 0.0 pts No Marks 100.0 pts
Total Points: 250.0