Discussion Question: Consider your learning in the course. How have you met the course objectives listed in the syllabus? Has the material in the course changed your professional practice? How might n
Consider your learning in the course. How have you met the course objectives listed in the syllabus? Has the material in the course changed your professional practice? How might nursing theory influence your professional practice?
- Develop an understanding of the foundational theories and conceptual frameworks of the profession of nursing from a gender and multicultural perspective.
- Compare and contrast how concepts of person, health, nursing and environment are defined from a variety of theoretical perspectives.
- Explore the impact of nursing theories on current practice, education, research, and leadership
- Demonstrate critical thinking and creativity in the application of theoretical frameworks and models to professional nursing roles.
- Describe methods to evaluate nursing concepts, models, and theories for use in nursing practice.
- Articulate your own philosophical base for nursing practice, including the knowledge, values, beliefs, standards and ethical principles that influence your practice.
- Develop an appreciation of different types of reasoning.
- Articulate the application of reasoning in nursing practice.
Your initial posting should be at least 400 words in length and utilize at least one scholarly source other than the textbook.
Putting It All Together
Create a PowerPoint presentation that addresses each of the following points/questions. Be sure to completely answer all the questions for each bullet point. Use clear headings that allow your professor to know which bullet you are addressing on the slides in your presentation. Support your content with at least two (2) sources and the textbook using APA citations throughout your presentation. Make sure to cite the sources using the APA writing style for the presentation. Include a slide for your references at the end. Follow best practices for PowerPoint presentations related to text size, color, images, effects, wordiness, and multimedia enhancements. Review the Signature Assignment rubric criteria for this assignment.
This week, you will develop a PowerPoint presentation reviewing the theories from each module. Please select one theory from each module (1-8) and answer the following questions. You should have 2-4 slides per theory with a total of 8 theories discussed.
- Describe the theory
- Provide 3 examples of how the theory applies to current practice
- Provide 3 positive patient outcomes resulting from utilizing the theory
- Explain 3 benefits to nursing satisfaction when utilizing the theory
- Two barriers to using the theory in practice
- Provide one method for overcoming each barrier
- Support from literature clearly noted throughout
Make sure to include pictures, graphs, or media throughout the PPT as this is part of the rubric and worth 50 points.
The PowerPoint presentation should include at least two outside references and the textbook. The presentation should contain 2 to 4 slides per theory, for a total of 16 to 32 slides.
Total Point Value of Assignment: 500 points
Length: 2 to 4 slides per theory, for a total of 16-32 slides
Structure: Include a title slide, objective slide, content slides, reference slide in APA format. Title/Objective/Reference slides do not count towards the minimum slide count for this assignment.
References: Use appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. A minimum of two (2) outside scholarly sources and the textbook are required for this assignment.
Rubric: This assignment uses a rubric for scoring. Please review it as part of your assignment preparation and again prior to submission to ensure you have addressed its criteria at the highest level. You cannot pass this class without passing this assignment.
Format: Save your assignment as a Microsoft PPT document (.pptx) or a PDF document (.pdf)
File name: Name your saved file according to your first initial, last name, and the assignment number (for example, “RHall Assignment 1.docx”)