The accountable care organization (ACO) is a rapidly growing organizational model with the direct goals of improving patient outcomes and restraining healthcare costs. Using the learning materials to support your claims, respond to the following prompts in your original post.
- Explain what an ACO is as well as the healthcare professionals and organizations it includes.
- Describe the role of the ACO and its intended outcomes.
- Describe the challenges of achieving the overall goals of ACOs (such as multidisciplinary collaboration and reducing healthcare costs) or the implementation challenges of ACOs (such as the lack of technological systems to integrate communication among ACO professionals).
- Include an explanation of why the goals have been difficult to accomplish.
- Discuss why it has been difficult to implement ACO strategies.
should be 300 to 500 words, with one to two supporting references included.