- Describe the oxygen hemoglobin dissociation curve. Explain how it allows for body tissues to receive oxygen and eliminate carbon dioxide wastes.
- How are the lungs involved in maintaining normal pH of the blood?
- Describe the relationship between intrapulmonary pressure, atmospheric pressure, and air flow during normal inspiration and expiration, referring to Boyle’s law.
- Several physical factors that influence the efficiency of pulmonary ventilation are compliance, alveolar surface tension, and airway resistance. Briefly describe each factor.
- Albuterol is a selective beta-2 adrenergic agonist, which means it specifically activates beta-2 adrenergic receptors on smooth muscle in the airways. How does this improve asthma symptoms?
*Some questions adapted from Pearson’s Mastering Instructor Resources for Amerman, E. C. (2019) Human anatomy & physiology (2nd ed.).
Length: 750-1200 words
Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA style. These do not count towards the minimal word amount for this assignment. Please include an introduction paragraph and a conclusion paragraph for the case study.
References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. Include at least two (2) scholarly sources to support your claims.
Format: Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx).