Minimum 500 word
End of life care discussion
Providing patients and families with a dignified death is important.
For this general discussion the focus is on end of life care. As the nation’s population ages this will become an issue for many individuals and families.
Search the literature and discuss in depth an aspect of this topic that interests you. “In depth” means more than just a cursory explanation of the topic so you may want to focus on a specific aspect of a general topic.
Please label your discussion post using the topic you’ve chosen to research.
A quick search provided some suggestions to get you started; you are free to choose a topic not from this list as long as your topic discusses an aspect of end of life care:
- Being Mortal – Five Questions to Ask at Life’s End – Dr. Atul Gwanda
- Taking a Spiritual Inventory
- Physician Assisted Suicide – History and update on individual state laws
- End-of-Life Care for an Aging LGBT Population
- Late Stage and End-of-Life Caregiving – Caregiver Issues