Assignment: Practicum Experience
As your practicum proceeds, consider the topics addressed this week. Conduct research to further your understanding of how issues related to health information systems and other resources, such as financials, staffing, and materials, could influence the implementation of your proposed change.
In addition, you reflect on the effectiveness of your practicum experiences for fostering your professional development. What challenges are you encountering, or would you anticipate at this point? If necessary, what can be done to improve the situation?
- Reflect on the learning objectives and activities you developed for your practicum experience during Week 1 (See attached file). Also, consider the leadership competencies introduced in Weeks 2 and 3.
- What new skills or insights have you gained thus far in your practicum experience? How do you think this is impacting your leadership development and the planning of your proposed change? What adjustments might need to be made to your leadership presence within the practicum environment—or your plan for change? What additional supports would you find most beneficial right now?
To complete: By tomorrow 4/10/19 6mpm, write a minimum of 550 words essay in APA format with at least 3 scholarly references. Include the level one headers as numbered below:
1) What new skills or insights have you gained through your practicum experiences?
2) How is this impacting your leadership development and planning related to your proposed change?
3) What additional supports would be beneficial?
White, K. M., Dudley-Brown, S., & Terharr, M. F. (2016). Translation of evidence into nursing and health care practice (2nd ed.). New York, NY: Springer.
· Review Chapter 6, “Translation of Evidence for Leadership”
This chapter addresses the pivotal role of leadership in the translation of evidence into practice.
American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN). (2006). The essentials of doctoral education for advanced nursing practice. Retrieved from http://www.aacn.nche.edu/publications/position/DNPEssentials.pdf
Use the information in this report to guide the formulation of goals for your practicum experience.
Kotter, J. P. (2007). Leading change: Why transformation efforts fail. Harvard Business Review, 85(1), 96-103. Retrieved from https://cb.hbsp.harvard.edu/cbmp/pl/57319806/57319860/3d20a24aeeedc7a83d2a918c5013078c
In this foundational reading, Dr. John Kotter discusses errors commonly made as organizations undergo change, and he recommends steps leaders can take to help avoid them.
Murphy, M. P., Staffileno, B. A., & Carlson, E. (2015). Original Article: Collaboration Among DNP- and PhD-Prepared Nurses: Opportunity to Drive Positive Change. Journal of Professional Nursing,31388-394. doi:10.1016/j.profnurs.2015.03.001
Nelson-Brantley, H. V., & Ford, D. J. (2017). Leading change: a concept analysis. Journal Of Advanced Nursing, 73(4), 834-846. doi:10.1111/jan.13223
Salmela, S., Eriksson, K., & Fagerström, L. (2012). Leading change: a three-dimensional model of nurse leaders’ main tasks and roles during a change process. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 68(2), 423-433. doi:10.1111/j.1365-2648.2011.05802.x
Sherrod, B., & Goda, T. (2016). DNP-Prepared leaders guide healthcare system change. Nursing Management, (9). 13.
Osters, S., & Tiu, F. S. (n.d.). Writing measurable learning outcomes. Retrieved from http://www.gavilan.edu/research/spd/Writing-Measurable-Learning-Outcomes.pdf
Kotter International. (2017). Kotter International. Retrieved from http://www.kotterinternational.com/
National Center for Healthcare Leadership. (2017). NCHL Health Leadership Competency ModelTM.Retrieved from http://www.nchl.org/static.asp?path=2852,3238