ORGANIZATION BEHAVIOR, STRUCTURE, AND ASSESSMENT
SLP Assignment Overview
This assignment will test your knowledge of organizational structures. According to Nagy (2016), organizational structures essentially are operating manuals that illustrate how an organization is put together and works. There are various types of organizational structures. Regarding organizational structures in the health care field, an organizational structure that drives a small rural family practice would not be efficient for a large urban hospital, and vice versa.
For this assignment, you should:
- First, pretest your current knowledge of organizational structure types by using this online test at the following link: http://higheredbcs.wiley.com/legacy/college/hitt/0471351768/quiz/ch13.html
- Watch the following video: “Types of Traditional Organizational Designs: Simple, Functional & Divisional Designs”: http://oer2go.org/mods/en-oya/business-101/videos/Chapter7/6-Types-of-Traditional-Organizational-Designs-Simple-Functional-and-Divisional-Designs.mp4
- In a 2- to 3-page paper, describe the three types of Traditional Organizational Design (Simple, Functional & Divisional) and provide an example of a health care facility/organization that each design would ideally follow (i.e., Hospital – Functional). (Note: You might want to consider matrix organizational structures, a combination of both functional and divisional organizational structures.)
- In your paper, dedicate a paragraph to the results of your pre-test. There is no need to share your answers or score. Consider your results against what you learned in the video. Ask yourself: Do you believe your knowledge was increased? Did the pre-test assist with knowing the importance of organizational structures for health care leaders? What other benefits did you obtain from taking the test?
SLP Assignment Expectations
- Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to support your selection for each design.
- Limit your response to a maximum of 3 pages.
- Support your SLP with peer-reviewed articles, using at least 2 references. Use the following source for additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals: http://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php.
- You may use the following source to assist in formatting your assignment: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/